We are looking for an experienced Financial Accountant to manage our financials, prepare accurate statements for our company and assist with ADP payroll.
The Financial Accountant’s responsibilities largely revolve around operations in QuickBooks which include invoicing, managing tax payments, performing internal audits, and maintaining AR/AP, payroll and benefit reporting associated with payroll, budgeting, conducting cost and revenue analysis plus financial reporting. This person will act as a consultant for senior managers. Ultimately, this person will ensure all our accounting transactions comply with the law and support our company’s investments.
To be qualified for this role, you should have a degree in accounting and relevant work experience. Knowledge of the agricultural/food industry would be a benefit but not necessary.
Essential Functions include, but are not limited to:
- Manage Accounts Payable and Accounts Receivables
- Follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Track and reconcile bank and credit card statements
- Oversee ledger reconciliation
- Participate in the payroll processes preparing benefit reporting paperwork associated with payroll
- Review and process reimbursements
- Update financial spreadsheets for monthly reports
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Forecast revenue and analyze profit margins
- Work with the President and General Manager to develop budgetary goals for specific P&L line items. Once approved, work with parties responsible for cost (i.e. Marketing, Regional Office Managers, etc..) towards meeting budgetary goals.
- Maintain and Improve office filing system, keep records of invoices and tax payments
- Protect assets by establishing, monitoring, and enforcing internal controls.
- Monitor and confirm financial conditions and transactions by conducting audits; providing information.
- Achieve budget objectives by scheduling expenditures; analyzing variances; initiating corrective actions.
- Provide status of financial condition by collecting, interpreting, and reporting financial data.
- Comply with federal, state, and local legal requirements, filing financial reports; advising management on needed actions.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Protect operations by keeping financial information and plans confidential.
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- The ability to work with various personalities and office personnel to maintain a positive company culture while achieving overall companywide goals.
Work areas are inside, in a climate-controlled environment with light-to-moderate background noise. This position offers a large individual office space, that allows for files to be easily accessible as well as the ability for closed door conversations. The position is full time (40 hours a week) from 8am to 5pm, Monday – Friday. Work attire is a tidy business casual.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills. Ability to communicate effectively and project a professional image when giving and taking information in writing, in person, over the phone, and via computer or other electronic means.
- Ability to effectively establish rapport, present information, and respond to questions from managers, employees, and the general public. Skill and ability to meet people and listen.
- Ability to take initiative and prioritize tasks; good-time management, problem-prevention, and problem-solving skills.
- In-depth understanding of business bookkeeping procedures
- Advanced MS Excel knowledge (familiarity with formulas, VLOOKUPs and pivot tables)
- Excellent analytical skills
- Strong attention to details
- Thorough knowledge of accounting and financial procedures
- Experience with accounting software, like QuickBooks
- Integrity, with an ability to handle confidential information
- Solid knowledge of accounting regulations
- Excellent math skills with an attention to detail
- Time-management abilities
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
- Ability to work with co-workers and members professionally and tactfully.
- Possess a work ethic that includes neatness, punctuality, and accuracy.
- Exhibit a professional, businesslike appearance and demeanor.
- Proven work experience as a Financial Accountant or similar role
- S. in Accounting/Finance
- Additional certification (e.g., CPA) is a plus
- Good Attitude
- Able to work well with others
- Requires the availability to work Monday-Friday
- Has a fun personality that can fit into our laid back/ family style company culture (and can tell a good joke).
Compensation & Benefits
- Competitive pay based upon experience
- Great 401k retirement plan
- Company sponsored health insurance with vision
- Vacation/sick packages
- Paid Holidays
- Continued Education via associations, etc
- Food/beverage offerings in our breakroom (because everyone needs fuel)
- Family oriented company with a great vibe.
**Our current Financial Accountant (she’s great, you’ll love her!) will be available for training, allowing for a smooth and cohesive transition.
Apply in person at our Salem office or by submitting a copy of your resume and short email about yourself at email@example.com .